- Moisture associated dermatitis from wound exudate or ostomy effluent
- Incontinence associated dermatitis
- Caustic drainage from tracheostomy tubes, nutrition feeding tubes, (g-tubes, j-tubes)
- Friction in high risk areas:
- Bony prominences
- Between skin folds
- Under oxygen masks, cannula and tubing
- Adhesive trauma:
- At central or peripheral infusion sites
- From ET tubes
- From condom catheters
- From Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Around surgical incisions
- From tape stripping
- Protects skin from incontinence, skin trauma from tape stripping, friction, reduces potential for stinging
- Latex, preservative, alcohol, fragrance-free formula
- Hypoallergenic, sterile formula
- Fast drying, extends dressing wear time
- Transparent coverage provides visual skin inspection
- CHG compatible/Pediatric tested for use on full term infants 0-36 months with normal skin
- Flexible – conforms to awkward areas like elbows and heels
- Waterproof, breathable see through barrier
- Lasts up to 96 hours (4 days)*
- Removable with UNI-SOLVE ™ or REMOVE ™ adhesive remover
- Available in wipes, swabs and spray
- Effective barrier protection
*not to exceed dressing wear time
- NO-STING SKIN-PREP forms a film upon application to intact or damaged skin. This film provides a long lasting, waterproof barrier which acts as a protective interface between the skin and bodily wastes, fluids, adhesive dressings, drainage tubes, external catheters and around ostomy sites.
- NO-STING SKIN-PREP may help reduce friction during the removal of tape. It can also be used on heels, elbows and other areas at risk of irritation due to friction.
- NO-STING SKIN-PREP forms a protective film on skin that serves as a skin protection which may reduce exposure to urine and feces.
- The product may be used on adults, children and full term infants from one month.
Other uses for NO-STING SKIN-PREP:
- Protects rewound skin
- Extends dressing wear time
- As sits with adherence of transparent films
- Used in Negative Pressure Wound Therapy
- Around sterile insertion sites (central and peripheral)
- Should any signs of irritation (reddening, inflammation), or sensitivity (allergic reactions) appear, discontinue use and consult a healthcare professional.
- Do not use on patients with a known allergy to any of the ingredients.
- This product is not recommended for use on sensitive areas, such as around the face and eyes unless under the guidance of a healthcare professional. In case of accidental contact, flush eyes well with water.
- Do not apply directly to open wound or in deep puncture wounds.
- Do not apply to infected areas of the skin.
- Contents of the spray bottle are sterile until first use.
Instructions for Use:
Skin should be clean and dry prior to application of NO-STING SKIN-PREP.
Foam applicator or wipe: apply a uniform coating over the entire area you desire to protect.
Spray: hold spray nozzle four to six inches (10 – 15cm) from skin and apply a smooth, uniform coating of film over entire area you desire to protect, while moving spray in a sweeping motion.
NO-STING SKIN-PREP will dry in approximately 30 seconds. If you miss an area that you intended to cover, wait until the original area of application has dried, then reapply to the missed area.
For maximum protection, an optional second coating of NO-STING SKIN-PREP may be applied and allowed to dry before covering area with dressing or other adhesive product.
If NO-STING SKIN-PREP is applied to an area with skin folds or other skin-to-skin contact, make sure that skin-contact areas are separated to allow the coating to thoroughly dry before returning to normal position.
When used under adhesive products, reapplication is necessary each time the product is changed as the film can be removed by the adhesive. Ensure that NO-STING SKIN-PREP is dry before application of adhesive products.
When used as a protectant against bodily fluids, feces, or urine etc, and no adhesive products are applied to the skin: (a) reapplication of NO-STING SKIN-PREP is recommended every 24-96 hours depending upon the frequency of cleansing; (b) in extreme cases (e.g. constant diarrheal stooling) with very frequent cleansing, more frequent applications may be necessary (i.e. every 12-24 hours).
Removal of NO-STING SKIN-PREP is not necessary before reapplication. NO-STING SKIN-PREP will naturally be removed through the natural process of epidermal cell turnover. However if removal is desired, the film can be removed by using most medical adhesive removers such as REMOVE or UNISOLVE. Clean and dry the area and apply fresh NO-STING SKIN-PREP as directed above.